Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wagamama

If this is not my favourite restaurant in Cork, it is definitely my most visited. The Japanese style noodle bar is at the top of my list of restaurant chains.
No more McDonald's or Burger King, for slightly more than a Big Mac meal you can get the lunchtime special, a main course and a drink for EUR9.95. Seating is provided with communal benches, though people are spaced out enough so that even at the busiest times you're not crowded in with strangers.
Placemats are paper, which also double as ordering pad. Servers take your order on a wireless palm PC and write numbers on your place mat. If you get bored there's crayons for the asking and you can create a work of at while waiting on your food.
The menu is varied, from Ramen (noodle soup), Gyoza (grilled dumplings), Katsu Curry and my absolute favourite the Yaki Soba. There are also some Asian beers and sake available, or for the more health conscious there are a selection of juices. For the more health conscious it's worth noting that a lot of the menu is also very low in fat.
The food is delicious, the service is good, the decor is minimal and there is nothing I can say against this place.
This restaurant rocks, and would I go back, yes, I tend to two or three times a week. Stars. A very high four.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sinéad said...

Wagamama is one of those chains that works really well. There are several of them dotted around the UK and I think we have a few in Ireland too.
The thing that always encourages me is the high number of Asian people who eat here. I figure they'd know good asian food better than me, and they don't seem to be complaining about it. Yum!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home