Monday, June 12, 2006

The Brehon

The Brehon Hotel
Muckross Rd
Killarney

I was here for two days and got to try out the restaurant. It was all you would expect from a 4 star hotel and more. The service was excellent and the food followed suit.
Lunch day 1 was corn fed chicken which was cooked perfectly. Full of flavour and really melt in the mouth. Dessert was a toffee cheesecake, which was also up to the same standard.
Lunch day 2 was more interesting. Pork with chirozo stuffing and a mushroom and spring onion cafe au lait. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's coffee. With milk? Anyway, I ordered it, and wasn't to be disappointed. The pork was perfect, the stuffing up there with Ma Gainford's famous christmas stuffing and the coffee with milk was really suited to the whole dish. No taste of coffee, a really good sauce for the pork though. I'd recommend it if you're ever there.
The veg that accompanied the main courses were also well though out. Not just the usual few potatoes, carrots etc, they varied on both days, included was squash, aubergine and a few I didn't recognise, but none the less enjoyed.
For the price was it good value? No idea, work picked up the tab.
Would I go back again. Yes, I am planning to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home