Monday, September 10, 2007

nosh + coffee

Ballincollig Town Centre
Main St., Ballincollig

I will actually be making an effort to *not* go to this cafe again. It is conveniently close to work. Has a great selection of items: smoothies, sandwiches, bagels, cookies, coffee, juices, and so forth but the service was terrible and the food wasn't that great either.

I went with Matilda, and we both decided to get the cranberry and brie baguette. The girl at the counter had no idea what we were talking about, and behaved as if she didn't believe this item existed on the menu. Undeterred, we explained where it was and continued on.

When our sandwiches came they only had brie and cranberry on them... no sign of rocket (despite there only being 3 ingredients for this sandwich on the menu, it appeared that they had forgotten 1/3 of them). I brought the sandwiches back up and told the person that I thought there was supposed to be rocket on the sandwiches. She paused for a second from cleaning the grill and turned around to say, 'We're out of rocket,' and turned back around again. The sandwich would have been pretty extra crap as it was, so I said, 'Could we get some salad or something on them then?'.

As we were eating, our juice and smoothie came. My smoothie had the same consistency as Matilda's juice. And 3 separate times while we were eating our brie with a tad of bread sandwiches we were asked if other orders belonged to us.

I give it a 1.5: the food was edible and the atmosphere/location great.
Would i go back? Not willingly.

3 Comments:

Blogger goodurs said...

UPDATE:
got an email from the manager/owner. he asked for a chance to make it up to me, but when i called he was driving. he didn't call me back. i feel like it explains a lot.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the tolits there are disgusting!

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As proprietor of nosh + coffee ballincollig, I am amazed that this blogger left this rubbish on the web. I subsequently met this lady and had a civilised conversation with her and discussed her issues and she offered to help my staff with customer relations. I told her that her submission said a lot more about her than it did about our coffee shop. as my wife was undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer at the time of her "blog" her comments had to be consigned to second place on my list of priorities, however it was disappointing to see that she had left her unfinished version of her problems as her final contribution to the site. My wife has recovered thankfully and we have taken rocket off our menu.
PS If annonymous spelled properly we might have known what he was on about. we have a loyal and happy set of customers and are doing quite well.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home