Monday, June 04, 2007

Scribes

Scribes, Listowel, Co Kerry.
This is a nice little coffee shop / restaurant, a minutes walk from the square in Listowel. It only opened a few weeks ago, just in time for the summer trade, and for the writers festival.
I went in quite a few times, the wraps were all good, they're not just thrown together as in other places, but some one seems to have put a little effort in to making them
I also tried the burger another day, which was very good. The waitress did warn me that it would take at least fifteen minutes, that burgers were cooked fresh here.
The service was good, the foods good, the seats are comfortable, it's cheap, the decor is nice and there are newspapers to entertain the "party of one". All I have bad to say about the place is about the coffee. While they do a number of iced coffees, smoothies and things, I'm a fan of a mug of black coffee, and whatever brand they use just doesn't cut it. I am told, by a friend of mine from the county, that there is no good coffee in the whole of Kerry. My suggestion, import it, it was the one point that let you down.
Would I go back, why yes, I did, frequently, it's a great little place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home