Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Eddie Rockets

In the last week we visited 2 Eddie Rockets and had hugely different experiences there. The first was in Blackpool and it was well worth the visit. A 50s style American burger joint, with booths and jukeboxes, it's a nice place to go.
In Blackpool the food was great. I had a chilli cheese dog (very very messy) and Urs a veggie burger which she raved about. We also had the cheese fries, onion rings and I had the vanilla shake. Now none of this is exactly health food, but it was all really good. At around 30 euro for the lot it was reasonable enough too. The only issue we had here was the service, our waitress was from Eastern Europe and didn't have very good English. I know the "I'm not racist but..." is a cliché but I really feel if you work in a burger joint you should understand words like "cheese". If I want to order cheese on a burger I should be able to. Still, not enough to deter me, and other than healthy new years resolutions, I'd be back.
We then went to the other Eddie Rockets at the Kinsale Road Roundabout. This was terrible. Our waitress understood our order, but they were out of cheese, vanillia milkshakes and whatever else we tried to order. This time I had a burger, which arrived overcooked and slightly warm instead of hot. It was ok, but if I'm paying for a burger I don't want something that was cooked three hours ago and left under a heat lamp. I was hungover, otherwise I wouldn't have eaten it. The fries weren't very good either. At 20 euro here for what we ordered, it was way overpriced.
So, Eddie Rockets, it seems to depend on which one you go to. Some are a great place to go, a nice diner for a burger, and some, well I'd rather MacDonalds.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Next time you are in Cork please come by my stall Veg-e- Que and try my new Organic Omega Burger - a delicious veggie burger!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey McDonalds are variable too. The one in Omagh is great but avoid the one in Dundalk which is dirty and smelly.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous adel said...

hi hi, great to have found another good foodie blog from ireland..
i've visited Eddie Rockets just recently ,check out my review if u r interested!
http://sofood.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/eddie-rockets-dundrum-shopping-centre/

Price wise and taste wise, McDonald's better in a way..still, i'm not a McD supporter.
--adel

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Gerry said...

Check out Tekbusters for computer repair in surrey BC

6:36 PM  
Anonymous MummyPages.ie said...

Not sure if you are still reading comments but did you see Eddie Rockets new shake bar in their branch in Dundrum....? I treated myself to a Twix one (I know bad girl) and it was just scrummy. Seriously. And why don't you write anymore....?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Gerry said...

Hi MummyPages

half the blogging team left Ireland to move to Vancouver. We'll be back though in October and thanks for the tip. We're heading to that shake bar now.

Gerry

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home